HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Unit 17 presentation


Tuesday night was my presentation for Unit 17 - I'd chosen to share the photographer with the essay, to make things that bit easier. Easy clue in the picture - (Not So) Super Mario (Testino). Well, at least in my view. From the research I'd been doing, it was also a critique of Fashion Photography. Testino fits because he illustrates many of the contradictions and tensions of the genre, and also the industry, so well. It's not a type of photography I have a lot of time for really - mainly because it isn't a distinct genre (it borrows from everything else), and also because it is usually goes all out to celebrate the lives and preoccupations of the Bourgeoisie.

The way it went I felt like saying 'OK, I'll get my coat...'. With hindsight, it might have been a lot easier to just pick a photographer I had some time for and gone on about how I liked his pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home