HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Unit 17 ideas ...

I have a notion for this project. Since the idea of simply re-creating something I'm not interested in bores me to death, I want to mess with this brief and insert something I am interested in.

So I've decided upon placing Black Metal in this context. Some of my influences can be seen on sites by the photographer Peter Beste and artist Lorenzo Mariani.

Black Metal has some visual stylistic cues in common with the music: extreme contrasts, grainy, lo-fi, distortion, shock etc, etc. I want to try to incorporate that.



But also the idea of all the absurd things about Fashion & Fashion Photography - you know, the poses, the looks, the context.

I don't know if this is viable, but it's worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home