HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Monday, October 24, 2005

Unit 10 - Situationists?

I've decided to look at the Situationists for my Unit 10 essay and artwork project. I've been interested in them for a number of years now, mainly as a the revolutionary group that they became rather than the radical pseudo-art group they originally started out as.

They tend to be slung about in certain circles as a kind of cool reference to spice up the post-modernist slant of a lot of artists. Those same artists don't really seem to understand their true significance or ideas beyond vague ideas about sloganeering.

I don't think they fit as artists - after all, they split with those intent on creating cultural works in the early 1960s - but cultural movement? Well, maybe.

But what work can I create in response to the essay? I fancy a Dérive, so I need to do a bit of research on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home