HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Unit 17 - first shoot and bad news

Tonight, I actually get around to taking some photos for once (2 months after starting the course). With the help of a fellow student, I actually managed to find 2 models for the Black Metal idea.

We set up the studio with the classic white/invisible backdrop in mind. It was tough because they weren't professional models and tended to freeze into the same position when I wanted them to pose. So I abandoned that idea altogether and just encouraged them to fool around and just caught them when they least expected it. We ended up shooting about 8 rolls of film in about 90 minutes, incorporating Colour and Black & White Negative and some Slide Film (to be cross-processed).

What ruined it was being told at the end that one of the tutors would be off on jury service for the forseeable future - and he's the guy that does all the colour processing and maintains all the equipment. So god knows when I will get to even view what I've shot tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home