HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Monday, June 26, 2006

Opening night

Today has been busy and stressful. Here was me thinking that I wouldn't need a full day to organise things. In the end, all of it was needed, with about 45 minutes to spare.

The worst 'surprise' was the exhibition boards supplied by the supposed sponsors. They looked like big paste tables. To our horror, we later discovered that paste tables are generally better constructed and finished - one of them was half varnished, and under the spotlights from the lamps in the theatre, varnush on the other began to dry out. We improvised, and asked for some oil from the cafe. We then smeared then with this - and they didn't look too bad. But we shouldn't have had to do this.

Lots of people turned up later, including my contact from GMCND. There's a possibility of my stuff appearing at the Big Green Gathering, in the CND marquee, which is promising.

Plus, a good friend of mine turned up from London, which was really a big surprise.

An exhausting day - should be interesting to see what comes from it.

(I will post photos that I took during the day later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home