HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Winter Solstice


I've been away these past few days at something I've been meaning to catch for a while - the Winter Solstice at Stonehenge.

Not such an early start as the summer, and apparently a lot less people too (which seems logical), it was a misty morning, with the sun only just making it above the haze right after the actual event had passed. A good atmosphere and my kind of people made it very memorable indeed, and I'd like to go back some time soon - maybe for the Summer?

Pseudo-Celebrity spotting: King Arthur (for it is he); that Druid-bloke with the Afro from 'Surviving the Iron Age'; Julian Richards (archaeologist and presenter of 'Meet the Ancestors'); the Arch-Druid of Glastonbury (my brother's mate).

On the photo front - well, I took a lot, but due to a stupid tendency to stick to 100 ISO at all costs, there are not as many interesting images as I would have liked.

I have uploaded a selection of my photos to Flickr, and most of the above characters appear there - with a bizarre one of Julian Richards taking a picture of me taking a picture of him etc ...

Incidentally, Tom Goskar's pictures of the same event are far superior to mine.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 am, Blogger Tom said…

    Glad you like the photos! It was pretty gloomy, and getting a still shot was always going to be dodgy.

    I like your Flickr set!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home