HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Unit 12 location shoot

There are 8 branches of Starbucks in Manchester. 5 of them are within a few hundred yards of each other.

I spent yesterday afternoon in Manchester taking photos of Starbucks branches. Boring, yes and I got a lot of stares from people who happened to be sat taking a break. But I also got a lot of shots which I think may have potential to be used as part of an Advertisement. Not great shots, but they are part of an overall composition.

I made sure to leave enough space in the images to allow for text etc. I'm thinking of using slogans which will provide the main impact for the Ad.

One thing that was obvious today and may play a part in a composition, is the number of Starbucks concentrated in a relatively small area. This is known as "clustering", one of Starbucks' best-known business strategies - an attempt to raise its market share overall even if this depresses the profitability of individual Starbucks branches. It's another example of capital's tendency to preduce a monoculture.

I also picked up some props, which may be handy later on. The Studio shoot should take place next week, when I have the studio booked. More then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home