HND Photography Student

A weblog following my progression towards HND Photography in 2005 & 2006

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Unit 19 Deadline A

Tonight was the hastily organised shoot for one of the short deadline briefs for Unit 19. I had to take photos of someone appearing at a window and then leaving a building. This was actually my fellow student Eve, although we did draw some stares and funny looks from people around college.

We actually repeated the exercise after the first lot, as there had been one or two teething problems. The resulting (edited) shots are below:

window

leaving

I found this quite difficult to complete satisfactorily. Getting the camera settings right is important - shooting with a large aperture to get reasonable shutter speeds, using the motor drive to fire off as many shots as possible - there's no time to change things. Also, being 'ready' and alert - I got caught out the first time because I was absent-mindedly checking exposure readings when Eve appeared at the window. On the second shot, I actually placed the lens against the glass and fired away.

It's really at the other extreme of the way I have approached photography up until now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home